Yoga Therapy is a one-on-one approach. Students will benefit from this focus on their individual and unique needs. Group classes are available by special arrangement.
Yoga therapy rates are $125 for first initial assessment (one and one-half hours) and $75 an hour for subsequent sessions
New! Online Private Yoga Therapy sessions now being offered!
Discounted rates online: $100 for first solo session, $60/hour for ongoing sessions.
Group classes are available by special arrangement.
- Small Group classes online are $15/class. Minimum 4 participants, Maximum 10 participants.
- Currently, Rachel offers a Saturday morning group Yoga Class on Zoom, at 9:30 am PST. This is an extremely gentle class, focusing on relaxation and calming the nervous system. During this Covid era, we are also bringing awareness to balancing the body if we find ourselves sitting at the computer more often due to remote work. This class is open to Every BODY, no matter what level of fitness, age, health concerns, or experience. A multitude of optional poses are given at every step of the way, so if you are on the floor or in a chair, every BODY can join.
- More group classes with various focuses will be offered, as interest develops.
- Do you have a group of friends or family who would like a weekly class? Rachel will add one just for you!
- Payment can be made electronically through Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal.
Yoga therapy is a merging of traditional yoga with modern medicine. Medical assessments are taken into consideration to tailor yoga practices to individual needs. This approach makes yoga therapy more effective than general yoga practice for people who wish to treat specific medical conditions through yoga. Yoga therapy can be applied to a wide range of physical and mental-emotional conditions, such as low back pain, arthritis, shoulder pain, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, heart disease, anxiety, depression, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia, and it generally incorporates lifestyle advice and nutritional recommendation.
Yoga therapy can be practiced alongside any other form of treatment or healing that a person may opt for, from mainstream medical treatment to acupuncture, homeopathy, osteopathy, and dietary therapy. It is not necessary to have experience of yoga before beginning Yoga therapy.
Yoga Therapists meet privately with their clients, or in semi-private or small groups. After a thorough initial assessment, the therapist devises a particular group of poses, breathing and meditation exercises for the client, individualized for the clients needs, and gives personally made handouts and homework with stick figures, and thorough written and oral explanations. Clients can meet regularly with their yoga therapist, several times a week, once a week, or once a month. In Rachel’s practice, she will answer questions and make revisions periodically through email or Skype, if requested.
Please contact Rachel for more information or an appointment